This summery tuna niçoise salad is a colourful classic. Chunks of tuna with boiled egg and vibrant salad, all drenched in deliciously healthy salad dressing.
Tuna Nicoise Salad
This summery tuna niçoise salad is a colourful classic. Chunks of tuna with boiled egg and vibrant salad, all drenched in deliciously healthy salad dressing
200g green beans, trimmed
2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated
100g each of red and yellow tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 x small cans tuna steak in spring water, drained
4 eggs, boiled
For the dressing
4 tbsp fat free vinaigrette
1 level tsp honey
Juice of 1 lemon
1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Blanch the green beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain and transfer to a large bowl with the lettuce, cherry tomatoes and red onion.
- Break the tuna into bite-sized pieces and add to the salad ingredients along with the boiled egg halves.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and season well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to mix.
- Cool, cover and chill until you’re ready to eat.
- Olives are a delicious addition to this tasty salad (1½ Syns per 8 olives).