The whole family will love these super-filling Slimming World burgers. Serve in a wholemeal roll with a side of our ever-popular Syn-free chips.
Beef and Dill Burgers with Chips
6½ Syns each
Deduct 6 Syns if using Bread rolls wholemeal as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice.
600g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and cut into chips
Low-calorie cooking spray
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 spring onions, finely chopped
600g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
A good splash of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
2 tbsp tomato purée
A small handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
4 x 60g wholemeal rolls
A few lettuce leaves, shredded
1 large tomato, sliced
1 small red onion, cut into thin rings
For the mustard mayonnaise:
2 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
2 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
1 tsp English mustard powder
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas 6. Boil the chips for 3-4 minutes, then drain, return to the pan and cover. Lightly shake to roughen up the chips’ edges and arrange on a non-stick baking tray in a single layer. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and season well. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill to medium-hot. Mix together the garlic, spring onions, mince, Worcestershire sauce, gherkins, tomato purée and dill. Season and mix well, using your fingers. Divide into 4 portions and shape each into a burger. Grill, turning once or twice, for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Cook the peas for 3-4 minutes, then drain and keep warm. For the mustard mayonnaise, mix together all the ingredients.
- Split the rolls and toast under the grill. Put the base of each roll on a plate and top with lettuce, tomato and red onion. Add a burger, then a spoonful of the mayo and a twist of black pepper. Add the roll lid and serve with the chips and peas.
- The burgers can be made in advance and frozen before cooking.